Please return all gifts by Wednesday, December 13.
The annual Christmas Gift Drive is here! As in past years, we are partnering with Advocates for Justice and Education, Bishop Walker School, Southeast White House/DC Dream Center, and St. John’s Community Services to bring joy to children in need this holiday season. Each child has provided a wish list of toys, books, or clothes that he or she is hoping to find underneath the Christmas tree this year. Due to the Parish House renovations, we are not able to collect gifts at the church. Instead, we have set up Wish Lists on Amazon.com where you can purchase the requested gifts and ship them directly to four parishioners who have agreed to receive and store the gifts until they are delivered to the children. Directions for accessing and using the Amazon Wish Lists are as follows:
- From the Amazon home page, select “Accounts & Lists” (top right of the screen) and then “Find a List or Registry”
- Search for “St. John’s Church-DC”
- Click on an organization name (left side of the screen)
- To select the gift(s) you would like to purchase, select “Add to Cart”
When you have finished shopping, select “Proceed to Checkout”
- During checkout, be sure to select the shipping address included for the organization
- Advocates for Justice & Education: Robin Anderson
- Bishop Walker School: Andrew Clarke
- St. John’s Community Services: Holly Sukenik
- Southeast White House: Ann Gardner
Please ensure that your gifts are delivered by Wednesday, December 13, so gift distribution can begin on Monday, December 18. You can also help by joining us December 16-17to wrap gifts (details to follow). If you have questions, please contact Jeff and Katie Hantson. Thank you in advance for your generosity this holiday season!