Festival Choral services feature major works of choral music performed by the St. John’s Choir and distinguished musicians from the Washington area and around the country. These services are designed to enhance the experience of the liturgy as well as to attract lovers of classical and folk music. Diverse in their offerings, Festival services highlight the best of the sacred canon from choral masses to bluegrass band.
A sampling of recent Festival Service offerings:
- Josef Rheinberger’s Cantus Missae sung by the St. John’s Choir.
- Music of William Bradley Roberts sung by the combined St. John’s and Parish Choirs.
- A Festival of Lessons & Carols sung by the St. John’s Choir with harp and oboe.
- Music for Independence Day featuring the combined choirs with fife, drum, and organ.
- Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms sung by the St. John’s Choir with Harp and percussion.
- The Duruflé Requiem sung by the St. John’s Choir with the Ars Nova Chamber Orchestra.
- Music for Royal Weddings sung by the St. John’s Choir.
- Jazz Festival Service with the Dan Dufford Jazz Ensemble and combined choirs.
- Music from French Cathedrals including Vierne’s Messe Solonnelle.