August 18, 2021
In accordance with the most recent city and diocesan guidelines, St. John’s Covid-19 safety practices are as follows:
- Pre-registration is not required to attend Sunday services.
- Our professional and volunteer choirs are back, and they are fully vaccinated.
- Congregational singing with masks in place is allowed.
While we are pleased that we can expand our musical offering to God, we want to continue to offer a safe environment for all, so the following guidelines will remain in place:
- Masks must be worn at all times by all over the age of two years.
- We will continue to physical distance by using every other pew. For those who would prefer even more personal space, the balcony will be available.
- We will have “new” people sign in upon arrival.
- Communion will be offered in the same format as we have been using in recent months.
- Fist bumps and elbow bumps are allowed but handshaking continues to be prohibited.
Some additional items relating to this stage of regathering:
- The church doors open at 8:30 a.m.
- Free valet parking is available for Sunday services, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Nursery care will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Sunday for infants and children up to age 3.
- The remaining Forums for the season will be at the 10:00 a.m. time between the services, and online live. We realize that attending the forum between services is not ideal but is the best option at this time. The plan is to return the Forum live to the Parlor in the fall and to continue livestreaming and recording the presentations. The Forum is also available at any time on our website www.stjohns-dc.org.
We hope you will join us for in-person worship! If you are not able to join us in person, please be assured that we are committed to continuing a strong online offering for worship indefinitely.