May 18, 2021
Dear St. John’s Community,
We are writing to share with you exciting news. In accordance with new city and diocesan guidelines, we at St. John’s are updating our covid safety practices, starting May 23.
In accordance with recently issued city and diocesan guidelines, St. John’s has updated our Covid-19 safety practices. You can expect the following changes:
- Pre-registration is no longer required to attend Sunday services.
- Our professional choir has returned. (They are 100% vaccinated.)
- Congregational singing with masks in place is now allowed.
While we are pleased that we can expand our musical offering to God, we want to continue to offer a safe environment for all, so the following guidelines will remain in place:
- Masks will continue to be required while inside the St. John’s campus.
- We will continue to physical distance by using every other pew. For those who would prefer even more personal space, the balcony will be available.
- We will still have people sign in upon arrival, and adhere to our regathering covenant.
- Communion will be offered in the same format as we have been using in recent months.
- Fist bumps and elbow bumps are allowed but handshaking continues to be prohibited.
Some additional items relating to this stage of regathering:
- Free valet parking is available for Sunday services, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Unfortunately the nursery is not yet available. We’re continuing to work with our insurance company to fully restore the space from last summer’s fire. The damage was much more significant than we first thought. Our hope is that we can resume nursery care this summer.
- The remaining Forums for the season will be at the 10:00 a.m. time between the services, and online live. We realize that attending the forum between services is not ideal but is the best option at this time. The plan is to return the Forum live to the Parlor in the fall and to continue livestreaming and recording the presentations. The Forum is also available at any time on our website www.stjohns-dc.org.
We hope you will join us for in-person worship! If you are not able to join us in person, please be assured that we are committed to continuing a strong online offering for worship indefinitely.
The Rev. Robert W. Fisher, Rector
Paul Barkett, Senior Warden
Clark Ervin, Junior Warden