SERVICE TIMES AND PARKING HOURS
Our regular schedule runs from the Sunday after Labor Day through Ascension Sunday (early June). During this time, three Sunday services are held at 7:45 a.m. (spoken), and 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. (with music).
Our summer schedule runs from Trinity Sunday (early June) through Labor Day. During the summer, two Sunday services are held at 7:45 a.m. (spoken) and 10:30 a.m. (with music).
Starting on September 11, 2022, free valet parking will be available a half hour earlier from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. If you come for the early service, look for street parking surrounding the church.
For more information on our worship offerings, click here.
LOCATION AND ACCESSIBILITY
St. John’s Church is located on Black Lives Matter Plaza at 16th and H Streets NW, Washington DC 20005. The Parish House is located next to the church at 1525 H Street NW. See map below.
- A handicap accessible ramp is available near the left side of the church’s front doors on 16th Street.
- You can reach St. John’s by car or by public transportation. If you come by Metro, there are several stops within walking distance. McPherson Square, located on the Orange, Silver, and Blue Lines, is right around the corner on Vermont Avenue. Take the exit toward the White House. Farragut North, located on the Red Line, is a 10-minute walk to the church.
- If you drive, and you come for the 7:45 a.m. service, there is street parking surrounding the church. Free valet parking is available according to the service schedule (see above for hours). Just come to the corner of 16th and H (on the H Street side) and our friendly valets will park your car.
- The Parish House is the yellow building connected to the church, where our offices and meeting rooms are located.
IMPORTANT VALET PARKING NOTICES
The Metropolitan Police Department has asked that drivers using the valet parking service help prevent car thefts that are becoming prevalent by taking the following steps:
- Before leaving your vehicle, turn it off and remove the key.
- Hand the key to the valet. At no time should your vehicle be left running or the key inside when either you or the valet are not in the vehicle.
- The valet will turn your vehicle off and hand the key to you when you leave after the service.
If your car is ticketed when parked by the valet service, the valet company will pay the fee. The ticket should be removed by the valet, a photograph taken and then sent to the company. If the ticket is on your car, remove it and hand it to the parking supervisor.
For questions or comments, please contact Sharlyne (Charley) Griffin.